Monday, November 9, 2009

READY FOR A CHALLENGE?

Katherine Cartwright has a great Twenty Minute Challenge blog now based on her own 20-minute challenge paintings she does while travelling. Take a look - if you really want to push yourself and your editing chops, try it! I think I might...and remember, you can paint small so maybe ATC size or 5 x 7 or similiar size would work...what could we create for this? Your own room, your office, yourself?

http://www.twentyminutechallenge.blogspot.com/


Check it out and have fun! And do catch up on Kathy's blog posts for the last few days - they will give you plenty to think about when it comes to your art and your direction!

2 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Thanks for the invite and details of this challenge and info on your wonderful art long day - you lucky girl. As regards Julie's legs, you made a great interpretation of foreshortening. I never bother about facial features when drawing the figure, I leave that to clever portrait artists .. just a bit of shadow and bone structure thats all.

RH Carpenter said...

Joan, It should be a fun challenge - and just take 20 minutes of your day :) Now to get myself in gear and do it! ha ha I didn't want to leave her faceless - or childish looking but the legs were my main focus so I guess that's okay. If she returns, I'll work on her face and feet!