Started a poinsettia for the last painting of the year. I prewet the leaf shapes and the dropped in the colors, letting them bleed and blend.
After that dried, I went back and put in the black using Lunar Black by Daniel Smith (it granulated so I added some dark red to it in places and made sure it was pretty solid around the leaves).
I let that dry before going in with Sap Green and Bismuth Yellow for the middle buds, and put in the hint of colors in the red/green parts behind other leaves.
Finished up by wetting and dropping in more color in the leaves and letting the black bleed into the red in places to push some leaves back.
After this, I’m going to ruin a month’s worth of paintings and see where it takes me :).
Have a wonderful holiday season and I’ll see you in 2019!!!