Tuesday, July 7, 2009

JULY SKETCHES

A few more quick sketches from the deck this time - I finally got off the sofa and moved...but only to sit down on the deck and watch the birds at the feeders and look at the plants around. I have one teeeny tiny tomato on my container plant and one in my Topsy Turvey planter (yep, that thing really works!).







I sketched this with just graphite. Then went back in with ink and worked it so it had stronger lines. I need to get a thinner ink pen for this. (It's a calla lily Jerry bought for photography purposes - I only get flowers if he can use them for photography! ha ha).














Then did a little one this morning of the birds at the feeder and on the table under the feeders. A papa cardinal and his baby...he was so protective of her and fed her at times. It's always a pleasure when the smaller birds get to feast a while without being interrupted and frightened by the many grackles who sometimes take over the place.





It's pretty pale because it's just graphite.



5 comments:

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Isn't it fast to add ink after the sketch? you're doing a lot of these, it's going to get easier soon!

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, the ink flows on - wish I could draw in the ink and leave the pencil behind but haven't gotten good enough yet :)

Deb Léger said...

Me too, Rhonda, wish I could draw in ink without the pencil.

You're doing great, keep going!

I've been working on a few to post, too. Will post at pals later after a few errands.

Deb

Deb Léger said...

ps - I like the comment about Jerry and flowers. Sounds like me and really good looking fresh fruit or veggies at the store. Sometimes I can't resist buying them just so I can photograph them! I can understand where Jerry is coming from! LOL!

RH Carpenter said...

We have a running joke in our house, Deb, whenever he brings a bunch of flowers home...he smiles and presents them to me and I say, "Planning a new photograph?"