Saturday, May 5, 2012

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE WOODS

Without a lot of motivation right now, I'm looking at art magazines and watching DVDs and thinking that maybe something is brewing - not sure what.

So...with nothing new begun other than 2 Caw Girls who say they don't want to be seen just yet (and you don't mess with Caw Girls when they say NO!!), I returned to some of the things started in the Myrna Wacknov workshop...




This one I'm calling
What Happened in the Woods.

White and black gesso and red acrylic over a gessoed painting on watercolor paper.  Don't know where it will go from here.  I guess the great part of acrylics and gessoes is that you can always make changes much later.





This one began with white gesso over watercolor paper and then some black gesso and then some stamping and making marks - and now some collage and acrylic.  Looks a bit strange and I see some faces and figures here and there I could bring out a bit more.  I suppose it will tell me what it needs later - even if that is to pitch it in the garbage can! ha ha





Do you have your Kentucky Derby winner picked yet?  Hope you win!

Tonight we all win (if the weather clears) because the full moon will be closer to the earth than it has been in months (or maybe years??).  I hope you get to see it.  I saw it last night and it was so magical, I can see why ancient humans gave the moon such mystical power.

7 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I'm rather in the same boat, idea wise. Something sparked earlier this a.m. or yesterday but it has already fallen out of my overstuffed head. Sigh...

William Cook said...

Wow Rhonda. Fun isn't it. These are refreshing to look at!

RH Carpenter said...

Sherry, I know we all go through these slumps and work through them - or take a break until something inspires again :) I hope something sparks your creativity again soon!

Bill, thanks :) Not sure either are anything at all - I started liking the woods but got carried away with the red - just a few touches would tell the same story without being so over-the-top!! ha ha

JANE MINTER said...

these are both great rhonda esp like top one ... one below is fascinating to look at .

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Jane :) I'd like to be able to see something in the bottom one so I could work more on it - but it's just a mess of shapes and colors right now! ha ha

Caroline Simmill said...

My favourite is the second one, it really is full of imagination, I very much like this kind of work that you do so well.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Caroline. Not sure what I think about it yet :) but glad someone finds it interesting!