Sunday, May 27, 2012

SUNDAY SHARING

Today, you are in for a treat on my regular Sunday Sharing post.  I have two new bloggers who are simply wonderful bloggers and artists. 

1.  F.M. Marrouch, is a Spanish blogger and artist.  He paints like I wish I could paint.  What IS IT about European watercolorists that make you drool over their paintings?  Loose, filled with light, just enough detail, oh, it must be something in the water or the wine!! 

2.  Angela, in her description on her blog (named The Wandering Wayfaring Tree) is describing me!!!  Except I don't spend spring through fall in Italy and don't live near London in the winter  - and I'm not a happy traveller or a winter loving person! ha ha
Anyway, her blog is lovely with not much chatter - just specific quotes that compliment the paintings and sketches well. 

I definitely will be returning to visit both of these new blogger friends - and I hope you will, too!!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  We are having summer now - temperatures in the low 90F's every day.  Too hot.  Too humid.  And I had to go buy new shorts.  I hate wearing shorts.  But my old stand-by shorts make me look so old and dowdy.  I used to have beautiful legs. 

Summer - time to shed some clothing; time to try to be comfortable in that clothing; time to cut the hair short and just don't give a damn about it; time to think about dipping my toes in the ocean, putting on my mask, fins and snorkel and getting under the water like a mermaid.  I am, afterall, an Aquarian!

7 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Rhonda. I agree - some of the European watercolorists are brilliant. Have you seen the work of Fernando Artal? He is also on facebook.

Barbra Joan said...

Enjoyed your blogpost today and both your subjects,
Yes ,WHAT IS IT about those Spanish artists ? He paints a lot like Fabio Cambranelli, if you've ever seen his work.. same thing, makes you drool.. I think it's those giant size brushes and water, water , water..
Loved it . BJ

Angela said...

Thank you for your lovely comments and mention! Have a great week :)

Autumn Leaves said...

Exquisite paintings by your first featured artist and I also enjoyed those of the second.

I'm not much of a shorts person either, at least not in public. In my house, I live in them.

Other than too much weight, my legs still aren't too bad. Its the rest of me that is heinous.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Kathryn (I'll check out the artist you mentioned).
Thanks, Barbara Joan and Sherry :)

Angela, I'm always so pleased when one of my Sunday Sharing featured artists reads about it :) You have a wonderful week, too!!

jyoti kumar said...

Rhonda I do love the European Artists but I tend to drool over American one because a lot of you do brilliant light-shadow work and a lot of still-life.Your work is also one of a kind.

RH Carpenter said...

Thank you so much, Jyoti, for your kind words :)