Tuesday, May 15, 2012

NEW TOOLS

Because of the influence of blogger, Derek Jones, and his use of the gel printing plate and Golden Open Acrylics to get some fabulous monoprints, I now have a new tool:


I purchased the small gel plate.  I'll let you know how it works for me.  I am not expecting the gorgeous results Derek has gotten, but I hope to have something interesting and creative soon.  Go over to Derek's blog and catch up while he's away - see some of the absolutely stunning work he's been doing!


I remember reading a book about making your own gel plates from jello - looked so messy and strange to me that I never did it.  This is so much better - and cleaner!

Have a creative and exciting day!

6 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Rhonda, I can't wait to see what you create with your new toy. Cool!

Dee Doyle said...

What fun, Rhonda! I so look forward to seeing what you do with your new toys! Have been dabbling in encaustic myself. Am not ready t ogo public yet, but oh, so much fun! Wouldn't it be great to have a cyber play date with all our new stuff?

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Wow! Looks quite interesting and lots of fun :) Derek's work is stunning and I can see where mono prints send him off on quite a journey. Bet he's late for dinner a lot!

Studio at the Farm said...

It looks like a hoot! I look forward to seeing what you create, Rhonda.

Autumn Leaves said...

Can't wait to see what you do with this, Rhonda!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Christiane, Dee, Pam, Kathryn and Sherry! Some prints to come soon :) Dee, good luck with the encaustics. I've seen some I really liked but most look too "soft" for me. Of course, I don't know anything about them.