Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Colorful Moley Doodle + Info About Manifest Gallery Drawing Classes

Per Suzanne's suggestion about doing these with some color to give them umph, I did just that. I just grabbed a blue, red and green pen and then the black was a marker (not fond of the smell up close and personal so won't use that again). I'll look for some gel pens or other things lying around to use in the future to get some color there and still have fun...

Manifest Gallery Offerings

If you're in the Cincinnati area and are really interested in learning or bettering your drawing/sketching ability, whether you want to draw portraits, figures, or classical shapes, do check out Manifest Gallery's Winter Sessions. Classes begin next week!

If you can't find it here, you probably don't need it :) They offer everything in a relaxed and open atmosphere with good instructors and fellow students - a great big nice studio to work in, too. Check out the details at http://www.manifestgallery.org/studio/

Maybe you want to make "improving my drawing skills" one of your goals for 2009?

No watercolor class today due to the fine layer of ice over everything. So, with class cancelled, I'll be painting at home today - and not in my pajamas!

4 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Your doodle reminds me of the excitement and color in Venice. I really like it. Very good!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Now THAT'S a party! At least on this end, I can see the design so much better.

Anonymous said...

the colors adds a lot of life to it indeed Rhonda, thumbs up!

RH Carpenter said...

I never thought of it as a party or carnivale or anything, but now that you mention it, Sandy and Suzanne :)
Glad you like the color, Teresa. It's more fun but take more time thinking about colors against colors - so what else is new, eh?