Friday, January 30, 2009

Moley Doodle #23 + Homework Drawing



This Moley Doodle was inspired by watching the Australian Open tennis matches - Serena and Roger: will they win this year?


And the drawing I need to transfer to the Cresent board for the poured painting:


Florida gators from a photo I took last year at the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine.


If you have never used Cresent board, here is what the back looks like. This is hotpress watercolor paper glued to a fiber board (heavy cardboard). This was a Christmas present from Sandy and we are all going to use our piece in class to do a poured painting.


5 comments:

Angela said...

Love the sketch.
We're crazy about alligators, lizards, geckos, etc around here.

We actually call our place Guthrie Gator Farm.

Excited to see how the painting turns out!

:)

Suzanne McDermott said...

Are you using blue ballpoint pen on your moley doodle? Love the alligator drawing and, hmmm... a new watercolor surface to consider!

RH Carpenter said...

Angela, I do like gators for some reason but I think the photos appeal to me for the design element in them. There is a song called "Snake Farm" I hear often on our WNKU station that is fun.
Suzanne, always new surfaces to consider :) I'm using my favorite Pilot Precise Rolling Ball V7 fine point pen for these - I buy these pens in packs, I use them so often.

Nick said...

I've gone through a few hundred of those boards I suppose - that's all I painted on for years. Some definite advantages to it, and also some problems. Your masking and pour experiment looks interesting so far, I'll be back to see if the gators survive!

RH Carpenter said...

Nick, I'm always pleased to see you've stopped by. I wanted to tell you I like your latest painting of the geisha and hair pieces - I think it's time for another samurai, though - something strong and masculine :)