Thursday, January 31, 2019

SCRABBLE TILES, ANYONE?



First, another mermaid tail.  "Just Keep Swimming" is my own saying, and I put them on all my mermaid tail paintings.



This mermaid tail was painted using a photo from the Newport Aquarium mermaid visitors we had last year (the mermaids visit every year at the Newport Aquarium and you can get some good shots of them coming into the tank, leaving it, and swimming around.  It's pretty cool if you like mermaids - which I do.

And what does Scrabble tiles have to do with this?  Well, when we were in Anna Maria at a flea market, we saw vendors with loose Scrabble tiles for sale.  Then saw that they glued them to the little Scrabble boards to spell out Anna Maria or AMI or Beach Days, etc.  Cute idea.  But it gave me another idea - one I haven't seen.  Stay tuned and you'll get to see it soon.  I bought a few of the tiles and I'll show you how I'm going to use them.

I had a birthday day this month and got a lot of really great presents, too.  So happy to have my Sweetie, who treats me like my birthday is some kind of national holiday - only better!!  And family who knows I am happiest with books and art supplies (or gift cards for the same).  So another January, another New Year, another Birthday...here we go, 2019!!!

4 comments:

Meera Rao said...

Happy Birthday! Wish you a creative year ahead :). I love the colors of the mermaid tail !

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Yay! Happy birthday! Woohoo!

The mermaids sound wonderful. I have seen some pictures online and would love to see them in the real.

Best wishes x

Jennifer Rose said...

happy late birthday! :)

can't go wrong with mermaids. I always want on of the tail the swimmer use, some of them are just gorgeous

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Meera Rao, for stopping by and for taking the time to comment - and for the birthday wishes :)

Thanks, Lisa, for the birthday wishes and the comment on the mermaids. Seems I'm always trying to do them whenever I've spent some time by the sea :)