Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday, December 14, 2007 - Froggie 3-color Done - Highland Laddie Revised


I darkened some of the Highland steer painting - the horns look more rounded, the nose has more depth and I added some shading in places more - thanks Susan S. and Donna E. for those critiques that said it needed those touches.


And here's George (our red-eyed tree frog) so far. I thought I would finish today but just got to the point where I added the leaf, removed the misket, and now I need to add some shadows and soften the whites and maybe tomorrow. Today I am feeling like reading a good book and think I will start Michael Ondaatje's newest, Divisadero. MO wrote The English Patient, and everything I've read of his has been like a slow savoring of a really creamy caramel.

No comments: