Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday, November 12, 2007 - Sunday SWAP Meeting

Sunday morning, Jerry and I drove 2 1/2 hours to meet my SWAP partner, Lenora, in Zanesville, OH. It was so much fun meeting Lenora and her husband, Mike, and sharing a Sunday afternoon with them. We had lunch together, chatted about art, teaching, framing (Mike does the matting and framing for Lenora and her students and other artists in the Wheeling, West Virginia area), art studios, selling, and everything in between! And we toured the Zanesville Art Center, which was a lovely place with 3 floors of artwork from pottery, glass work, ceramics and doll collections to traditional oils, acrylics, watercolors and drawings. The Ohio Art League was having their annual juried exhibition and I saw many paintings I liked and some I wondered about!




<<<<<----- Lenora and me






Jerry and Mike ---------------->>>






At the Art Center, an artist named Jay Amatangelo was having a solo show of work that was either acrylic or colored pencil on foam board that was cut and made into 3D Window Boxes (hence the title of his show, Window Boxes). Very cool stuff!













As our time together was coming to an end, Lenora handed me my SWAP painting - this gorgeous fall scene full of light and bright, warm colors! As beautiful as any of the paintings in the art center!

It was a great day :) And this painting so invokes the feeling of autumn, my favorite time of year. Leaves blowing in the wind, carpeting the paths under trees, lighting the sky with their colors of red and gold, a crisp clean scent in the air...wonderful!

And today it's back to painting and drawing for me - and that always means a great day!

2 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

What a great experience. So positive and so arty.

I thought of you MANY times today during the workshop. Too tired to post but what an absolute treat. THANK YOU so much for leading me to Nick's website.

See you soon
sandy

RH Carpenter said...

It was definitely fun! I sure hope you are getting a lot out of Nick's teaching and demos - hope you post some pics on your blog of his workshop, if he allows it. It would be cool to see him at work and what you all are doing, throwing the paint around.