Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday, Mar. 21, 2007 - Little Seas No. 2

Did another little painting of the sea. Jerry and I travel to so many places that have beautiful seashores and waves, I need to learn to paint them! And I like this small, 5" x 8" size, too - much easier to try this size than the 1/2 sheet size we all tried in class Monday.




I highly recommend E. John Robinson's book, Paint the Sea and Shoreline in Watercolor Using Special Effects. He even has detailed work on the construction of waves and how they look - and why - in varying weather conditions. The video is good, too. (He uses sandpaper to scrape out some whites in the foamy area and it works great.) The little painting is from his book, learning how to make the waves and the rocks look right until I can work on my own photos.


No comments: