Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Thursday, Mar. 22, 2007 - Unfinished Portrait of Cassie

I have 2 portraits to finish. I have the Gators to begin. I need to stop jumping around and just get to it. So that's what I'm going to do today....

I worked more on Cassie from the workshop, adding some darks in the shadow side and the light side, modeling a bit as I go. I think she needs a bit more to make it look better. Will let it sit and study it a while to see where I need to work on softening hard lines, blending, punching up the color, etc. I don't want to lose that watercolor wet-in-wet look, though!

While I was letting this one rest, I went back to Robinson's book and did another little seascape - well, this one is more about the rocks and he talks about charging the color into the wet paint in the rocks and the water. And when I took it off the block, I tore the top/sky area so it's smaller than 5" x 8" but I still like it. I think I'm about ready to go bigger, though.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can you e-mail me at:

michele (dot) melendez (at) newhouse.com

I'd love to talk to you about your Jan. 26 blog entry.

Thanks!

-- Michele