Friday, March 9, 2007

Saturday, Mar. 10, 2007 - I'm Painting Today!

Today was the first time since we returned from our Florida trip that I've had a chance to paint but I had to get something started for my SWAP partner that has to be mailed Monday. It's not done but just needs a bit of tweaking, I think. I can't show it until he gets it :)

I have to choose 2 paintings to put into the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society spring show at Evergreen Retirement Center - that is coming up in May and whatever I choose will need to be matted and framed since I have so few things that are ready. That show is water media.
I'm thinking about these two. They won't be hung together so one won't overpower the other.




















I also have to choose 2 pieces for the Fitton Center Show - and that deadline is March 29-31. It's a juried show so I may not get in - but I did last year and you can be more open with media, not just watercolor (although that's all I do even though I may choose different grounds, etc.)



I intend to frame the geisha in a bamboo-like frame. This is a 1/2 sheet painting so will be fairly large when I mat and frame it.


The second choice is the Blue Rhino I did a while back (it can be anything created in the last 3 years as long as it's not been shown at the Fitton Center). The Blue Rhino has already been matted and framed - I did it last summer or fall so it's fine with the timeline. The Rhino is also a half sheet and then matted and framed so both are large paintings for me.


No comments: