Thursday, March 15, 2007

Saturday, Mar. 17, 2007 - Gator Grid and "Shark"

Finished the Gators grid and traced it onto wc paper. Will trace it again - better to have 2 copies to work from than one and then face all that tracing again when I'm not in the mood if I need another copy.


Also, took out one of the portraits I started in the JRogers workshop and fiddled with it a while. About 1/2 hour too long and I just didn't feel any spark while working with it so nothing special. Lost the whites and had to go back with some gouache to touch up the beard, moustache and hair in places. I think I'll enjoy working with the other portraits more - but I'll watch Janet's dvd before putting more paint on them.

I did get some more age on him, which was needed, but there is just something sneaky and/or cocky about his look - so I'm calling him Shark!












No comments: