Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday, November 5, 2007 - SWAP Painting Mailed

I finished my SWAP painting in time and it was mailed out today to a partner outside of the US. I hope my partner likes it. I can't show it yet (not until it is received) but here is a little teaser part...can you figure out what it is?

No? Well, here's other things I'm working on...

1. WatercolorWorkshop's monthly project is COWS and I pulled out this older one I did from a photo taken by K9Artist at WetCanvas (she called her photo Cow Butts but I'm calling my painting Dairy Aires). This is on Tygerag paper (can't find it anymore except in home improvement stores in huge rolls - it's Tyvek that you wrap construction/building sites with but without the printing.

2. Started another version on regular watercolor paper and this is as far as I've gotten. I'm calling this one Flank Steaks (being a vegetarian, I don't remember what flank steak is but I think it has a funny sound to it and don't want to call it Dairy Aires 2 or something like that).












3. And have pulled out this old one I left unfinished and am trying to get inspired to finish it. Bananas growing in the Bahamas - at least, I think it was taken in the Bahamas. I want to use a grid system on it for the Myrna Wacknov November challenge - but unsure what to do with it and just putting a square grid on seems boring...will have to think about it as I work on it and see what comes to me, if anything.

No comments: