Saturday, April 13, 2019

NUMBER 6



Stamp, fluid acrylic on Stonehenge Aqua 140# hotpress.  This is going to be part of a larger painting - but I'll show you that other part soon.


I signed up for an online drawing course through a university in Newcastle, Australia - it's called Natural History Illustration and goes into observational drawing (which means slowing down, taking time, looking a lot and measuring, etc.).  I'm not taking it for a grade or certificate (so it's free!) but I will try to follow along (weekly lessons with videos and information). Not sure I have the patience for it, but it won't hurt to try to slow down and look more than draw (or paint). I got turned on to the course from Painted Thoughts Blog by Laure Ferlita and she talks about it here on her blog.  (Thanks, Laure!).



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful crow, the course sounds really interesting, I have been trying to slow down with my work, not be like a frenzied maniac working like crazy TIL complete. It seems I have the vision in my mind and I just can’t get it on canvas fast enough! I was worse in the past but honestly have made little head way towards where I wish I could be, precise, methodical and well planned do not describe me, fly by the seat of my pants , yes.

Debbie Nolan said...

Your crow is is "looking good". I think your course sounds delightful. I know I get in to a big hurry sometimes and don't take the time to get size, detail, etc. drawn well. Hope the course goes super for you. Hugs!

Chris Lally said...

The crow is looking very good!
And, wow! The course looks like a great one. Have fun with it, Rhonda!

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely bird :) have fun with the course!

laura said...

Very nice--I thought it was some sort of resist. I have been thinking of trying the acrylic inks ... someday!
I signed onto that class too, but haven't had much time of late between trying to do my (paying) work and having a bad case of spring fever that has me out in the yard everyday!
I see this bird is the same one as in the previous--which is great; I love how you "recycle" the images and make them new!

RH Carpenter said...

Laurie, it's hard for me to slow down and look - so impatient!!

Thanks, Debbie, Chris, Jennifer and Laura. That misket is my favorite kind, Laura, blue gum misket (you can think it some and make good drizzles with it, not heavy and thick like other miskets I've seen or tried). I have acrylic inks, fluid acrylics, medium and heavy body acrylics - they are there for times when I need a kick in the pants!!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Ooohhhhh how interesting.... The technique, texture and image...:o)