Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well, at least we...

With the state of the US economy and all that has been going on recently, including hurricane aftermath and cleanup, I am reminded of a quote from the Buddha:

Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn’t learn a lot today,
at least we learned a little,
and if we didn’t learn a little,
at least we didn’t get sick,
and if we got sick,
at least we didn’t die;
so, let us be thankful.

Maybe it's hard for us to be thankful for anything right now. Maybe we are worried, have such anxiety that we aren't sleeping well - if at all. I do hope you can find one small thing to enjoy today, whether it's the last blooming of a flower in your garden or the gorgeous arrangement of clouds in the sky.

No painting today - catch you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rhonda,
Thank you SO MUCH for your post!
I am SO sick of people coming up to me at work just to gripe about how terrible things are blah blah blAH, blah blah BLAH!
I think I may print the poem out in sharpie marker across my FOREhead before work tomorrow morning!
Thanks again,
Jane

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

So right you are...find one thing to smile about every day. I will be sending you my smile-of-the-day photo in a minute so you can see what made me smile yesterday!

RH Carpenter said...

Jane, I hear ya! It is a scary time for a lot of people but sorry people forget the good stuff, too.
Susan, thanks for sharing that photo - it gave me a big smile, too!