Thursday, October 30, 2008

Reds of Autumn

Along the path to Natural Bridge (why did they mark the path Easy Path when it was straight up 1.5 miles???), I stopped to gather leaves. Since there were so many beautiful reds, I just collected them and maybe paint them later. (Ok, really I stopped to catch my breath and try to get my leg muscles to stop burning!!)


So these are the reds of autumn...

Natural Bridge is a 2,200 acre park that sits adjacent to the Daniel Boone National Forest. Nine hundred tons of natural sandstone arch is suspended across a mountainside - the natural arch bridge measures 65 feet high and 78 feet long. That's where everyone wants to go - to stand on the top looking over the mountains.



















Smudge was happy we were back home - as you can tell by the excessive grooming around us...















No comments: