Saturday, February 3, 2007

Monday, February 5, 2007


Here's the sketch I did for the preliminary work for the watercolor portrait to be done in class today. I transferred the sketch (just the line drawing) to the watercolor paper and started from there. I did two so I could put one painting aside while working on the other - this helps me not overwork one sometimes.


Sorry for the wrinkles - this is on newsprint - 11 x 14 paper.


What I liked about this photo is the red dreadlocks on the girl, so will focus more on that than an absolute likeness.



The photo was taken by a WetCanvas member called jocelynsart and she called it Extentions.


And here is the beginning watercolor portrait...it needs work - I really messed up the nose and the eyes need more work so still more to come...









No comments: