Saturday, February 10, 2007

Friday, Feb. 9, 2007 - Sixteen Little Red Noses...

Well, I've done two more portraits of the redhaired girl - both horrid. So I'm not sharing them. Instead will share the studies I've done in my sketchbook.



A few decades ago there was a silly man who wrote silly songs. His name was Jim Stafford. He still performs in Branson, Missouri. These studies reminded me of one of his songs titled, Sixteen Little Red Noses and a Horse That Sweats." The song had nothing to do with either the number 16 or noses or a sweating horse but instead was a blues song that went:


"My wife ran off with the garbage man.
My wife ran off with the garbage man.
Now I don't miss that woman
But somebody's got to empty my cans."


My sketch has nothing to do with red noses - but maybe the cold temperature for days and days had made me think of red noses!

No comments: