Saturday, October 21, 2017

FIGS AND BLUE GLASS - SKETCH AND FIRST PAINTING STAGE



Another sketch done before painting to decide items, colors, shapes, etc.


This one is going to be about the figs (from photos in a magazine as I've never seen figs around here ever), and my cobalt blue items with other things as I go along.  I need to overlap things more than I've been doing, I think.


And after gathering things, doing the sketch, looking closely at the magazine photo of the figs, I began painting (I do draw out the items on the paper since I cannot seem to really paint without some guidelines).






Figs and Blue Glass (with an added rattan lamp which had it's top removed because I liked the rattan look without putting a lamp in there).

Will work more on the background and get some good patterns to pull the whole together at the end (I hope).




3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Gorgeous blues, Rhonda. You are off to a great start!

Sadami said...

Rhonda, your adventure always amazes us and amuses us! Enjoy it!! Best wishes, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Chris and Sadami :)