Thursday, February 25, 2021

UNFINISHED PAINTINGS




While looking for photos buried under piles of paper in my little art room, I found a painting I’d not finished from a Carol Carter workshop I took year’s ago.  In her workshops, she tries to show us how she paints using bold, beautiful, complementary colors to make a painting sing.  So this was the one done in the class.










The second one was started but unfinished, and I obviously wanted to use another palette (more like my own with the blues).  So two for the price of one!




I’ve been finding a few old unfinished paintings in the piles and thought I’d try to finish them just to do it - and, probably, because I don’t have any idea what to paint next!  So it’s really a form of procrastination while accomplishing something! ha ha


3 comments:

jamesdalemoffitt@gmail.com said...

Both Lovely!

laura said...

such beautiful glowy color! I should dig out mine ... I don't think my bicycle painting turned out so well!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, JD and Laura :)