Thursday, February 11, 2021

SAME PAINTING, DIFFERENT PAPER

 

Playing with paper.

(Left the edges showing so you can see how deckled the edges are and how rough it is - this is a fourth sheet.)

This painting is done on Indigo cold press 140# paper and it is very textured.  Not sure why I purchased it, but just have a few half sheets to play with for a while.  I can see it being used for landscapes and things that work well with the texture.


This one, for comparison, is done on Arches hot press 140# paper.  I don’t usually work with hot press but there are some things I like about it.  


2 comments:

laura said...

I love these, Rhonda--the shapes of the rocks and all the fresh greens!
I also bought a few sheets of Indigo paper, but I haven't tried it yet!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Laura. The Indigo is really different - it may take some getting used to!