Wednesday, November 21, 2018

ODDS AND ENDS


Still playing with shapes and blending colors.  With the pots, you lay down the shadow shape only and then, using clean water, you move out and around to create the shape of the pot.  I like the bottom left one the best.  The top right bled out too much creating a feathered edge and the bottom right just looks dull.  So - fun to try and play with.  

The red/blue is just laying down colors with white space in between and then bleeding them together with clean water without touching either color again.  



Just a pear and leaves, lifting the white veins, trying to keep the pear highlights soft.  

5 comments:

Sadami said...

Lovely, Rhonda! Keep up. You'll be great or already u are. Kind regards, Sadami

Chris Lally said...

Interesting in that the shadow shape is put down first. Great results, Rhonda!
And I love "just" a pear and leaves, too :)

Jennifer Rose said...

that top technique is how I like to paint with watercolours, but doesnt always work well for me lol :)

great looking pear :)

Caroline Simmill said...

You have such a lovely way with watercolour washes Rhonda.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sadami, Chris, Jennifer and Caroline :). Jennifer, I don’t often use the 2-brush technique and blend but I think I instinctively do this when I’m painting anyway. I never think as much about technique as I do color and value when I’m in a painting frenzy! ha ha.

Chris, I thought that was a cool technique, too, but as you see, it only really worked well with one effort - may take some time to do it well every time but it definitely would work on simple shapes :).

Sadami, thanks for your recent email :). Hope you are doing well and looking forward to summer in your country :).