Tuesday, January 19, 2016

ANOTHER ACRYLIC PAINTING BEGUN - STONES?


Using a very long piece of black gessoed canvas board (not sure how I ended up with that, but it was in the pile of boards I keep in the corner).  

First, I put down the gesso juice mixture (white gesso, acrylic medium, water) over the black and pressed a stencil over it, creating the stones.  Then I used a small plastic "brush" tool and wiped across the top.  So it's looking like sea and stones to me right now.  

I am letting it sit and dry.  

I like this start - now what?  Perhaps a little glazing of color?

6 comments:

E.M. Corsa said...

It's quite cold here and the first thing I was reminded of when I saw this is the edge of the sound where it ices over. Can't wait to see what you pull out of this.

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Hi Rhonda, I really love the look of this so far. The white over black rocks is a wonderful abstract image. Not sure how color will play into it, but I really like this image as is. BUT, go for color. Can't wait to see what you do.

Jennifer Rose said...

that looks really neat :)

Alice Jo Webb said...

Anticipating this!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, I'm not sure that you need colour in this one... maybe a little more variation in tone but I think the strength of it is in it's subtlety. (like your recent drawings) This one will be exciting to watch... I like it very much. Best wishes.

RH Carpenter said...

Seems to be the concensus that this doesn't need color - so maybe it will sit a while longer and I'll give it some more thought. I was thinking of just a pale blue wash...but maybe not! ha ha. Still playing around with materials in the art room. Thanks so much, Elizabeth, Carol, Jennifer Rose, Alice Jo (love your husband's chair - what talent and skill to be able to do that!), and Lisa!!