Tuesday, April 12, 2011

JUST THE TWO OF US - MANIFEST

Tomorrow is the deadline for the local Manifest Gallery entries for their Small Works (7" x 7" or less) show in May.  I'm thinking I may enter Just the Two of Us.  My thinking is that there will be a lot of good works in the show - but you can't get in unless you enter.



What do you think?  Yes, or too cute for a show that will have oils, pastels, graphite mostly?


I'll be returning to the peeps one last time when I finish Lean on Me.  Then on to something else.  Perhaps something from my Florida trip like the black boat-tailed grackles that were around or the alligators at the Alligator Farm or...

9 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Go for it Rhonda! This painting would bring back happy kid memories for many of us.

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

Absolutely go for it! It's simple, yet makes a statement all it's own! I can almost taste them.

hw (hallie) farber said...

It's small, it's finished, it's timely, and you can't eat it. Enter.

Jane said...

Of course you will enter with the peeps!! Never loose a good occasion...

Carol King said...

Like you said, you can't get in if you don't enter. And I don't think this is too cute. I think it does have a sense of humor about it, but not "cuteness". Sometimes art needs a sense of humor.

DO IT!

jane said...

oooooh I LOVE GRACKLES!
Can you post the pictures of the grackles so I can see them?
thanks a bunch,
Jane

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Vicki, Gretchen, Hallie, Jane and Carol for the supportive kick in the pants - I did enter it today. Will hear the results in 2 weeks. Hallie, I had to laugh at your post - you can't eat it so enter it! ha ha Now, you all keep your fingers crossed for me (it worked last time!).

Jane, I'll get the pics together and post them soon :)

Dolores said...

OMG I love peeps. I bought 5 packages and ate most of them by myself. Gotta get more.

RH Carpenter said...

Delores, you either love or hate these things - they would never be my favorite sweet snack but when they are around, I let them get a bit stale and then have one every now and then. I'm much more a chocoholic - now why hasn't someone figured out how to dip these in chocolate??