Friday, April 1, 2011

JUST THE TWO OF US - BACKGROUND OPTIONS



I like the smoothness of the Lamp Black in the background for this one.  Put the eyes in, too.  But unsure about the foreground color now.


I mixed up some Rich Green Gold and some Apricot (American Journey - opaque).  Tested it first, thank goodness, because I think it looks a bit too much like, um, well, baby poo!!  So I'm at a standstill right now, deciding what color I want there - something lighter than the black background but also pleasing with the pink and blue colors.


And look at how putting that mustard yellow next to the pink made it look warmer - interesting. 


I may rely on the pale cool green I used in the other painting of the peeps - or maybe a pale violet?  Guess I'll make some more swatches and see which ones work best.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fun!

RH Carpenter said...

Glad you are enjoying them, Tim :) I'm watching with interest your posts about your film - you are diversifying into different areas now :)