Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SHAKER VILLAGE IN KENTUCKY



Going for a short trip down to southern KY to see the Shaker Village with a few of Jerry's photography friends. I imagine all of us (including me) will return with lots of photos.








Here are some pics from our last trip (it was bitterly cold in January so we were rushing from building to building bundled up to keep our noses from getting frostbit).







I did use some of the photos for paintings, but just a few were used (isn't that always the way with any trip, big or small?). This photo taken in the kitchen area was painted several times - a series of 5 that was required by Sandy in class :) It was hard for someone who doesn't like to paint the same thing twice, but I like these and the variety they show.

































4 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Have a great trip!
All three of these painting are very interesting. I especially like the abstract feel of the third.
I hope that you will show us some of your pictures upon your return.
Take care.

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

I love how you altered the backgrounds! I'm with you - could never be a production painter :)

Vicki Greene said...

Oh I remember these paintings. Hope you have a great time and return with some more wonderful reference material.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Christiane, Pam and Vicki! Back now and recuperated somewhat - it was a fantastic visit, all sun and blue skies but the trees weren't quite at peak color. Didn't stop us from taking tons of photos, though - now we have to sort and size and share :)