Sunday, March 29, 2009

Singing the Blues...

There was a song that was number one the month and year I was born long ago and far away...(yes, there are sites where you can find out this stuff!).
It was called Singing the Blues and was sung then by Guy Mitchell (words and music by Melvin Endsley).

"Well, I never felt more like singing the blues
'cause I never thought
that I'd ever lose
your love, dear.
Why'd you do me this way?"

Sir Paul McCartney brought it out on an unplugged special - take a listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS2k9jQpuLY

It's actually a fun song to sing - not sad at all!



Don't know why, but it came to mind, and I was humming this while painting so I'm calling this painting Singing the Blues. On 1/4 sheet Fabriano Aristico coldpress 140#



9 comments:

Deb Léger said...

Beautiful Rhonda. I love the colours! You ought to try a full page in this style - I think it'd look awesome.

debwardart said...

Wow Rhonda - you are turning into a modern Georgia O'Keefe - this one is great too! Keep them coming.

Sandy Maudlin said...

Absolutely PERFECT placement of shapes and focal area, and I love the pattern you've created with only 5 shapes. Luscious.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb. I may go up to 1/2 sheet first! ha ha
Deb W, you couldn't give me a finer compliment - now where is my hat and my bags need to be packed - off to New Mexico!!!
Thank you so much, Sandy!!! Wow, if these three comments don't keep me dancing today, nothing will.

RH Carpenter said...

I forgot to say - photo by Jerry Carpenter (I did change the direction for more impact, I think, but it's one of his wonderful macro photos).

Candy said...

First of all - the painting - very rich and it draws the viewer in. Next, thanks for the link to Paul. He looks like he's having such a good time. (I liked the orignal version, too.)

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Candy, for stopping by and for your comments - and welcome to the world of blogging!!

Nick said...

I remember the Mitchell version well, but never heard Macca do it - thanks for the link. These macros are good, working with big shapes is the best. Dying to see you put some spatter on one of them, c'mon!

RH Carpenter said...

Nick, spatter? On this lovely petal? Heavens!!! Now I promised I'd do one that way so I guess I have to do another blue one and have to go bigger in size, too :)