Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - Class Work Tuesday Morning

I worked on three things in class Tuesday morning but can only share two since the SWAP painting has to remain secret for now :)

Finished the redo of the castle... And worked from a photo taken of a reflection in the water...
I had to have a few things to work on since my SWAP painting is being done by pouring paint and misketing value by value so it's slow going. I've never poured a painting this small before but it's relatively easy because not much surface to cover with the paint and water mix. Another few layers and I'll have it finished in time for the November 5th mailing.

3 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Your paintings lok good - but, oh how I wish everyone could see those water reflections in person, up close. The textures in the gesso are wonderfully subtle and add so much to the painting. Great job.
Sandy

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

The leaf reflections painting is going to be wonderful! Are you going to darken some of the darks more, or are you finished? I keep looking at it trying to decide if I want to suggest making the darks darker, but I wonder if that is necessary. I think if those are sky reflections surrounding the leaf they are good ones! Very nice painting. Susan

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sandy and Susan :) I have a bit more to do on this one - on the bottom - but not going to darken much at all. I should put the photo up so you can see what I'm working from and get a better idea.