Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday, October 4, 2007 - Wire Sculpture Challenge


Myrna Wacknov has issued a challenge on her blog (see my side panel for her painting site and her blog site) to draw like you are making a wire sculpture. This type of drawing is actually contour drawing and I'm familiar with it. Myrna gave us a photo to use that was perfect for this.

Here's mine and I she will upload it onto her blog, too.
She now has a challenge to paint like your favorite painter(s) and has done some self-portraits a la Van Gogh that are great! Go over and take a look :)
You don't have to do self-portraits but just a subject and style of your favorite painter or painters. Hmmm....O'Keeffe, Sargeant, Modigliani, Winslow, Van Gogh...so many to choose from!
I'll be painting later today - have some errands today that will mean I can't work on the portrait again until I re-gesso it and get rid of the dragonfly on the face more = putting another gesso layer on and then smoothing it with a roller will take care of that.

No comments: