Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday, October 6, 2007 - Another Dragonfly

I decided not to redo the 2nd portrait on gesso. I did regesso the paper and smooth it with a roller. Then decided to use a dragonfly photo Jerry took and do another painting with the gessoed paper. This is the tracing paper sketch (I have to transfer it to the wc paper) and the original photo (sorry but my photo of the 2 is a bit blurry, I see).


Also, we started another 10-week session of the Open Figure Drawing through Manifest Gallery early this morning (10a - 12p). I switched from Tuesday nights to Saturday mornings. I think I'll be less tired and will enjoy going over during the daylight hours, too. It's a small group - about 7 or 8 of us - so join us if you want to work from live models (which really trains your eye to see shapes in the human figure).

Don't forget, if you're in the Greater Cincinnati area, to go over to the Second Look Saturday open house at Essex Studios - our open figure drawings are there, too. Stop by sometime between 6:00 and 11:00 this evening to see some great work on the walls!

No comments: