Thursday, November 29, 2018

LAST POSTING FOR THE YEAR



Started a poinsettia for the last painting of the year.  I prewet the leaf shapes and the dropped in the colors, letting them bleed and blend.  














After that dried, I went back and put in the black using Lunar Black by Daniel Smith (it granulated so I added some dark red to it in places and made sure it was pretty solid around the leaves).  


I let that dry before going in with Sap Green and Bismuth Yellow for the middle buds, and put in the hint of colors in the red/green parts behind other leaves.







Finished up by wetting and dropping in more color in the leaves and letting the black bleed into the red in places to push some leaves back.  






After this, I’m going to ruin a month’s worth of paintings and see where it takes me :). 


Have a wonderful holiday season and I’ll see you in 2019!!!

13 comments:

laura said...

Great poinsettia--such rich reds and darks!
So you're actually going to do it? I'm excited. Can't wait to see what happens!

Barbra Joan said...

Ok even though you may not see this.... Have to say ....love, love your poinsetta and have a wonderful Holiday.

Sadami said...

Thank you very much for your hard work and lovely posts for this year. Please take care and enjoy your holidays. Best wishes, Sadami

Alice Jo Webb said...

Pow! What a finale!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Oh, and Merry Christmas, Rhonda.

Chris Lally said...

You went out with a bang, Rhonda! Gorgeous piece.
Merry Christmas, and a safe new year! See you in 2019!

Studio at the Farm said...

What a gorgeous poinsettia! Beautifully done, Rhonda. Have fun "ruining" old paintings :) And all the very best to you over the holiday and 2019!!!!

Kathryn

Jennifer Rose said...

love the vibrant red :D

have a good holiday!

RH Carpenter said...

Thank you all so much for your comments on this final painting for 2018 - the year has just rushed by, hasn’t it?
I want to say thank you all for your support through another creative year of ups and downs for me - you are always there to give support and honest words for my efforts and it keeps me going. I will return in January 2019 and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!!

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda - you certainly captured the colors of the poinsettia perfectly. Love the black background you selected. It makes this such a dramatic work. Hope you have a blessed Christmas - will be looking forward to seeing you in 2019. Hugs!

Jane said...

Really beautiful, well done !

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Debbie - have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!!

Thanks, Jane :). Have a wonderful end of the year!

Studio at the Farm said...

Rhonda, thank you for your kind words. It is GREAT to be out and about again! I wish you well, and all the best in the New Year!!!

Kathryn