Sunday, April 3, 2011

MIXED MEDIA BOOK

I have been entering all of Mary Beth Shaw's contests to win her new book - no luck.  So I got tired of waiting for my luck to change and just ordered it.  I am just into a few peeks at the first pages and it's wonderful!  I will definitely have to try out some of the setp-by-step exercises in the book (not sure if I'll try any of the recipes).  Recipes?  Yep!  It's about mixed media paintings and food :)



The colors are yummy and the recipes sound good and that's just the first section!  Then she has guest artists who show their work and talk about their process and share a recipe.
Mary Beth calls mixed media "art for those who can't make up their minds" and although I've made up my mind that watercolor is IT for me, I still like to dabble in other things sometimes to keep the creative juices flowing.  If you are like that, too, you might want to pick up a copy of the book.  And check out Mary Beth's blog to see when and where she's got a drawing for a book and some other goodies.

3 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Sounds like a fun book! Thanks for sharing.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Thanks for all the links to lovely books and poems. Great to see you in all three viewpoints. I don't think I could be so brave with my 3chins!! Don't know what these 'peeps'are? but lovely colour scheme.

RH Carpenter said...

Vicki, I think it has a lot of interesting things for me to learn from a mixed media maniac like Mary Beth :)

Joan, peeps are always around for the Easter season with all the chocolate bunnies and Cadbury eggs. They are sugared and shaped marshmallow - bright candy colors and used to be only chicks in yellow but they've branched out into all colors of chicks and even some bunnies. I know what you mean about being brave. I really don't like photos of myself but you all wanted to see the haircut and glasses so I obliged - I wouldn't do it for anyone but my blogger friends! ha ha