Sunday, February 6, 2011

SUNDAY SHARING

I've jumped up past 100 followers/viewers now!  Seems I got a pretty nice contingent of Russian artists and viewers recently.  I know, if I paid attention and cared, I could track WHY I got these folks over to follow my blog.  But I'm not that in to the statistics of where people come from and why - or what I did or where I posted that they came over to take a look at my work.  Just glad to get more viewers :)

So today, I'm highlighting a few of the most recent bloggers who signed up to follow my work.  (Since I picked up so many since the previous Sunday Sharing, I'll have to share the Russian bloggers in the next Sunday Sharing post.)
I hope you'll check out the work of these bloggers, and meet a new artist who might inspire or challenge you.

1.  Jean Lurssen shares her work on a blog called Watercolorist.  has lived in England, South Africa and Zimbabwe and now makes her home in California.  Her landscapes, seascapes and abstracts reflect her travels and the colors that influenced her art.  I love her tonalist paintings - here I am saying that when I love color so much - but you have to see them.  They are mouth-watering.  They make you want to say, "I hope I can do that some day."  Go there.  Check out her work.  You won't be disappointed.  And you can learn a lot because she shares her colors and her paper and her techniques.

2.  How could I resist a blog titled BluOltremare (BlueUltramarine)?  I couldn't!  So I jumped over to see what kind of work is being done by Tito at BluOltremare and I was wonderfully surprised.  Well, first, he loves blue - you can tell that.  Second, he has a loose watercolor style that so many watercolorists try to emulate.  Third, he lives in Italy.  He is a man with a lot of talent and skill, and you should check out his blog very soon and say buon giorno!  (One of my favorites of the first few on his blog is this one - simple and elegant and shows that he knows exactly how to make the most of the beauty of watercolor - http://bluoltremare.blogspot.com/2010/12/luna-dinverno.html


That's three bloggers to visit and perhaps mark as new favorites.  Don't forget to see who they have on their sidebar (a good way to gather new artist favorites and friends).

Enjoy the day - Happy SuperBowl Sunday for all those in the US following the game - stay safe, wherever you are.

3.  What I love most about the work of Mimi Torchia Boothby is her self-portraits in various costumes.  She even creates stories about the women, based on their outfits.  She definitely has a sense of humor and a strong sense of herself (no whining about aging or wrinkles for her, she just gets on with it!).  She got involved in the SketchBook project, too, so she spends a lot of time creating art.  I'll definitely be returning to her blog to see her latest!  You should, too :)  Oh, and I love her name (she goes by Mimi Tabby).

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Rhonda...have you ever checks your statistics to see where your blog hits come from? It's really cool to check out. I don't know if I could tell you how to do it though, all I know is I saw it once and I get alot of hits from the middle east and australia.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Carol, I did check the stats and it seems I have a varied group but most from the US and Italy, then Canada and Spain. I see where some are from Croatia, Georgia and Romania (perhaps these are the viewers I thought were Russian - I admit my knowledge of the geography in that part of the world is pretty weak). It certainly is a small world when you're talkinb about art :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda, So thoughtful! I love enjoy reading about your new bloggers! So fun to connect with people all over the world!

mimi said...

Thanks for the acknowledgment Rhonda!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Peggy. I enjoy sharing the artwork out there - so much art and so little time to see it!

Mimi, you are most welcome! I enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing your work and will return to see more.