Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grace - Finished; and Other Things



Finished with the white obi and a touch more on the hands - not too much so it stays soft and feminine. If you see something else it needs, please let me know.














Other things in the making that aren't really going anywhere but I'm painting - so there! ha ha

This first is from a poured painting that was begun and then sat there staring at me without much inspiration from me to do anything on it. Just didn't see anything. So began just putting in more color, darker colors, and then saw some things. Not sure where it's going - maybe the round bin!

Maybe this is one I need to take to class next week to have other eyes on it to tell me what it needs. What do you think?
Oh, and I'll be posting 3 more award winners for the Passion for Painting award tomorrow...want to pick 2 favorites and 1 new found artsy blogger again, like last time.

6 comments:

cathyswatercolors said...

Hi Rhonda the gisha or Grace is just terrific. Really great subject matter.

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

It just needs your signature!

Those hands are terrific Rhonda, and the obi!!! you did the white and I love it!!!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

The hands turned out great. You are such a perfectionist the way you stick at a job until you are satisfied. I tend to stop, throw away and start again, but this time round with more knowledge from the mess up!. Love the poured colours - to me brings thoughts of an aerial photo of a lovely farmland and river landscape.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Cathy, Teresa and Joan, for your kind comments. I am pleased with it and may mat and frame it. I'm in the mood to mat and frame a few smaller pieces as a change from what I have on the walls now and then maybe I'll have some things ready for a show sometime.

Deb Léger said...

Grace looks very nice Rhonda! I like the white obi - it offsets all the gold really well.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb! I'm glad Teresa reminded me to make the obi white - I'd forgotten I was going to do that.