First, I lightly sketched what I wanted on the paper, looking at 2 photos of the pitcher plants. Then I misketed the shoots coming up from the bottom and some of the thin "stems" of the plants coming from the top.
Next, I put a bit of pale yellow (also a new pigment I received from Sandy) on the flowers and then mixed up several colors (a bit of Prussian Blue, the yellow - Bismuth Yellow, and some Carbazole Violet), and painted where the background will be. (I had a mix of a raw sienna/goethite and a nameless blue - it has a name but I don't recall what color I put in the mix - and I used it here and there, too, which is where you see the warmer color.)
The Twinrocker has a deckle edge all around that is beautiful so I painted right to the edges. The paper (coldpress 140#, I think) really slurps up the paint so I got some blossoms here and there that worked well for the background.
So that's it for today. More to come tomorrow...