Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Finished and Started in Class


In class today, I finished this painting of Teddy, my friend Susan M's TeddyBear of a chocolate lab :) He's a pretty relaxed dog.

I had fun playing the warm colors against the cools.






And I also started and got this far on a portrait of my sister. It's her birthday today!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Li'l Sis!!!
Normally, I would have a lot more colors in this but I'm thinking about giving it to her and she probably wouldn't like it as well with lots more color.








3 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Good morning, Rhonda! I like the mood of this peaceful dog. Only one thing bothers me, though. That right rear leg of the dog needs more definition since it all looks like a solid block of dog instead of a thigh and calf. The area underneath this leg should be shadowy but the shadows should define that leg a bit better?

Your sister's portrait is coming along well, should be a good one.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I bet she will be delighted with it.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Susan, for your good eye - I didn't see that as the photo is really blurred and I just saw a large mass there. I may have to look at another photo to work that back leg out.
Bill, my sister saw the beginning of the portrait last night - she didn't like it because it looks like her :( I should have known better than to give her a portrait of herself!