Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - Portrait Start Tuesday Morning


I went to class Tuesday morning with my portrait sketched out on the wc paper and a value study but didn't remember to take the photo so I had to wing it and couldn't finish it there. So worked on it more Wednesday. This is Janet Rogers' granddaughter, Cassie (she was our model in a Janet Rogers workshop I attended last year). Using the photo at home, I darkened and refined the painting.

It is very very hard for me to go in with pale layers over pale layers like many people paint - I really want to get in with darker colors right away and this is where I make a mess at times. I need to watch my Janet Rogers DVD again to get the pointers again.

Here's where I am right now...the misket is still on for the whites so I don't lose them.

No comments: