Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday, October 22, 2007 - Figure Drawings #3


From our Saturday morning figure drawing sessions. Had a model we've had a lot and I always had a hard time getting her body right for some reason. Last time I made her neck look very much like it belonged on a giraffe so I tried to keep that in mind and not do it this time :) I don't know why her body gives me fits - she's not heavy, in fact rather thin but has some extra weight in places that throws me to get it right - I make her too pear shaped if I don't pay close attention.








I did the first with graphite pencils and the second with pastel pencils, using the yellow first to get the body shape and then adding the blue to shade in places. She looks a bit like a mermaid without the tail!
Then went back with the graphite pencils and did a light sketch.

Too tired to do anything else today unless it's a quick sketch while vegging on the sofa.

No comments: