Tuesday, April 5, 2022

WHAT KIND OF SPARROW?


 Don’t know these birds - they all look alike as they come to feeders - sparrows of some kind.  


I thought it needed some color around him (or her) so did that.  Not sure it’s better.

Isn’t it interesting how the color of the main subject (which wasn’t changed at all) changes in the way it looks when you put color around it?

With a background, I think the warm colors show up more and the darks look more muted.  




Still wasn’t happy with the bg so darkened it even more.  




Better.  Darkened the bird color, too.  

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

darkening everything helped make the bird the centre of attention 😀

laura said...

It's house sparrow. I have tons in my yard too. They're like a little colony, always chattering and flying about. I enjoy them.
The added color in the background really did help, brightened everything up!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Jennifer and Laura, for your comments - sorry I’m late is reponding.