Tuesday, October 15, 2019

CARBON PENCILS 2



Still following along with the Val Webb online course on carbon pencils.  Still too heavy-handed, especially when seeing how lightly Val works with her graphite and carbon.  I would like to learn to be lighter in my application, so maybe that will come with time.  Or maybe this is just the difference in an artist's hand? 



So far, these have all been done on hot press watercolor paper.  We'll see if that changes as we go along or if this is the best foundation for carbon pencils.  That right black is pretty great when you layer a bit and keep the smudges off (I am getting better at that!).  




2 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, these are lovely drawings. A while back (probably a long time back) you did some beautiful bird drawings on toned paper. May be worth a try? Though if I'm being totally honest I really like the very dark on the bright white, it is the strong contrast and graphic element that draws me to them (no pun intended). Keep going these are great.

Jennifer Rose said...

a light hand is def something that will come with time :) just keep at it you are doing well :)