Monday, May 7, 2018

SKETCHBOOK REVIVAL WORK




More sketches/paintings in my Strathmore Visual Journal while following along with the videos in the Sketchbook Revival course...fun!!










I have a lot of sketching materials, including Tombow pens in 3 shades of black-grey (these have a pen nib and a brush nib and are beautiful when you wet the lines you put down, bleeding a bit).  I have a set of Pitt Artist pens, too, all in black and various sizes.  I have conte crayons (chalk), oil pastels, dry pastels, etc.  So why don't I sketch more often and use them?





I may not want to show all of the Sketchbook Revival stuff, as some will be personal and/or just junk!




This one was done by just making shapes on the paper with a marker, then filling in those shapes with watercolor and marker, then painting around the edges with India ink.  See the bird in the top left that just showed up?  Sometimes you get things that surprise you.



6 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda thanks for sharing a peak into your sketchbook. I sometimes some of our best art can be found between the pages of our daily sketches. Loved the last piece with the India Ink and abstract shapes. Take care friend and have a super day. Hugs!

Jennifer Rose said...

love that shade of blue :D

Sadami said...

Lovely, enjoy drawing and painting, Rhonda! Cheers, Sadami

Chris Lally said...

No limits to your creativity, Rhonda. Lovely piece (yes, I see the sweet bird).

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

I'm really enjoying catching up on your posts. Love, love, love the top page! The subject, colours, textures, everything about it are what I think of when I 'see' your work in my mind. Quintessentially 'you' to 'me'. Your voice strong and clear - Thank you for sharing :o)

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Debbie, Jennifer Rose, Sadami, Chris and Lisa - so glad you all are enjoying the sketchbook stuff. It was fun to join in and do some new things; but, mostly, just good to get the sketchbooks open again and play for a while.

Lisa, thank you so much for those comments. You don't know how they warm my soul!!