Saturday, February 4, 2012

SECOND POSTCARD FOR FEBRUARY

Well, I just couldn't find anything that inspired me, so I returned to crows.  I tried a nautilus that ended up overworked and horrid (twice) so I just went with a light sketch and then this little one, looking up and curious about something.  I like the shadow shape of him, too.




The scanner is picking up that quinacridone violet in his wing and making it more pink-red than it is, but it's close enough.  Since this one is travelling all the way to Lebanon for Cathy (our List-Mom for the group), I'm calling this one
Cathy's Curious Crow.


I hope she likes it - and that it gets all the way there!

5 comments:

AK said...

Crows are an interesting subject. Well done.

Caroline Simmill said...

I am so happy to see the crows are back! he is a wee gem too.

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

A lovely fellow with a perfect name! Lucky Cathy!

Carol Blackburn said...

I think the color is spectacular. I bet she will love it. I do love mine, thank you very much.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Asit, Caroline, and Pam :)

Carol, thanks so much!