Monday, February 20, 2012

CEDARHURST PHOTOS


Here are some more photos from the workshop at Cedarhurst:  some sculptures and buildings on the Cedarhurst grounds.  I always got to the place early and put my things in the art room, then had a nice walk around the grounds in the early morning to clear my head and start the day off right.


My favorite sculpture in the park is "Gorilla" by John Kearney made out of chromed car bumpers. 




And how about this little bunny?  It was just outside the Shrode Art Center.  Cute!

























I'll be driving home this morning - should be there by mid-afternoon.  Will have plenty to think about from the workshop and all the wonderful, sharing, fun people I met there!

Thanks to Carol Carter, an amazing artist and a great person; and thanks to all the artists in the workshop who came from near and far to share this experience.  And thanks to Cedarhurst Art Center for hosting this event.

I have more photos to share when I get home and get settled and sort through everything, but until then, I'll catch you on the flip side (now that's an old saying, right?)!!!



3 comments:

laura said...

Yes, lol, there's no such thing as a "flip side" anymore! Unless it's the flip side of your iPod.
Look forward to seeing and reading more on this fab workshop; thank you, Rhonda, for all the great information (Holbein lavender's back on my palette!) and photos.

Autumn Leaves said...

So glad you had a fabulous time, Rhonda. And I'm excited to hear about events from you in the future. I hope I can, a. get the time off work; b. have the money to go!

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, Laura, showing my age!! I remember LPS and 45s and...oh, gosh, I am getting old! ha ha

Sherry, I'll keep you posted if anything comes up locally that you may want to attend :)