Tuesday, May 31, 2011

JUNE ART SHOW

I've been working on getting the title card information from the members of the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society for our June show.  The chairperson and I collect the paintings and registration forms and $, have the regular monthly meeting, and the show is hung - all Wednesday!  We officially start with an artist's reception Saturday, June 4th from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm.  (I am the official photographer for the members and their awards - we are offering a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 3 honorable mentions - during the reception, too).

Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society Exhibit
June 4 – 19, 2011
At “The Barn”
Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center
6980 Cambridge Avenue
Mariemont, OH 45227

The show runs from Saturday, June 4 through Sunday, June 19. During the week, the show will be open from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm. On Saturdays and Sundays, the show will be open from 1 pm – 4 pm with 2 of our members sitting the show.  If you're in the area, stop by and see the 84 paintings!
 
My two paintings in the show are:
Shadow Me and A Difference of Opinion. 
 
If you do a search at the top of this blog, you'll see the paintings.

So, I meant to get back to Green Madonna, but just haven't had the time or inclination this past weekend. 

10 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

You are quite the busy lady, aren't you? Don't forget to stop and breathe. :)

jgr said...

It sounds like a great show!

Gaylynn said...

Sad that I had to work today and could not enter. I will see you Saturday.

Jane said...

The two paintings you present are gorgeous, wish you luck.
I did notice a slowing down of your activity on line, didn't obviously mean you spent your days in bed! :-))

RH Carpenter said...

It has been a busy few weeks but the show will be up and the reception Saturday. Then I'll be spending some time with the grands while their parents are away on vacation. And I am still being called in to jury duty every week or so (but never picked yet). Add 90+ temps which make me feel like a damp rag and I have plenty of excuses for not painting! ha ha

RH Carpenter said...

Gaylynn, sorry you couldn't be in the show - see you Saturday evening!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Good luck at the opening next weekend. Its so good to be involved in preparing a show.

Ann Buckner said...

Good luck in the show, Rhonda! Hope it is very successful for everyone.

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Job well done! Stay cool and I hope your painting(s) win!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Joan, Ann and Pam. It would be fun to be a winner of the show - there are 86 paintings in the show from beginners to advanced so a wide range there. I'll enjoy seeing it all hung tomorrow when I go (I'm to take photos of the winners).