Monday, May 17, 2010

THINGS TO TAKE TO A WORKSHOP

The List:

Full sheets of watercolor paper (cold press and hot press)
Pencils for sketching
Tracing paper and Newsprint
Photos you can work from later in the week - and have some on CD for Nick to manipulate
Fluid Acrylics in a variety of colors (from Da Vinci and Golden)
Older brushes (don't use your good watercolor brushes for acrylic painting)
White acrylic gesso


A water container
Paper towels and rags for wiping up when we pour, baby, pour
An apron (to keep the mess off my clothes, although I'm wearing old clothes in the workshop)
Masking fluid and artist's tape

A large plastic butcher's tray with freezer paper to wrap over it (so the acrylics don't dry on the tray and ruin it for watercolor).

Don't forget to take your camera so you can get lots of shots of your paintings and Nick working throughout the week!
Deb, Sharon and I are sharing the list, each one being responsible for bringing enough for all of us to use during the week. I'm already getting anxious and nervous and excited!!! Today's the day we start but I won't post until I return home. Each day from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm I know we'll be put through our paces, being pushed and pulled in new directions...and, hopefully, we'll loosen up, have lots of fun and learn a lot we can take back home with us.
Check back in Friday to see posts about the workshop.

5 comments:

Barb Sailor said...

I can't wait to see what you do this week in the workshop - you are soooooo lucky to be studying with Nick!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,

You forgot the can of Whup A@@!!
Give em heck Rhonda.

Have fun and take it in and enjoy:)

Sincerely
Paul

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Have fun Rhonda! a whole week... that's why we need you to get a laptop asap!!! XD

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Been away again and great now to see the fish developing and the lemons by the stairs finish. Simply love the density of your colours of late. Enjoy the workshop wherever you are going. When I email list of requirements for my workshops, I think they think I must be mad!!but you need so much even though we share with those who don't have such a good stock of art materials.

RH Carpenter said...

Hi, Barb, Paul, Teresa and Joan! I'll be posting as soon as I catch up, get my notes and photos sorted and catch my breath. My head is spinning with so many ideas and thoughts and it was like that all week! And, yes, Teresa, on my list to do this month = buy a good laptop I can take with me :)