Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MY SWAP PAINTING IN TEXAS

Well, the SWAP painting I mailed twice (yep, it was returned to me because I left out a "2" in the address - apparently every single number is important!) finally arrived and my partner got it and shared it with the group.

So I can share it here. And I'm so glad she likes it :)


When I begin a painting for someone else, I actually spend more time thinking about colors and composition. Doesn't mean I end up with a better painting in the end but I do put more thought into it and try to step away before I ruin it completely. So this is my beginning steps - with the color swatches I thought I'd use on this one.
And this is the finish - maybe could have been left a bit more pale but not too bad.
Now I have a front door saying, "Paint me. You still have to paint me!" Should I ignore it or...

4 comments:

debwardart said...

I really like this one - now do one to FRAME!!!

Claudia said...

This came out perfect!Wonderful work!

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, you know I don't spend money on myself or my paintings! ha ha But thanks for the compliment :)
Claudia, thanks so much. :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like it and I really like how you made the color swatches to work from. Like a fabric artist.