Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - Dog Days of Summer



Finished the Royal Poinciana painting in class yesterday morning. Done done done!! It's a 1/4 sheet size (the bottom looks odd but it's because it was curved under a bit when I took the pic just now.



Our meeting of the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society was really good today with Ken Bowman of Bowman's Framing, Inc. (103 North Fort Thomas Avenue, Fort Thomas, KY) giving us lots of pointers about how to mat and frame our paintings to show them off and/or put them in shows. Thanks to Ken and Julie Williams, his able assistant, for their presentation today! Ken told us something that I think was news to many: he hosts the Kentucky Watercolor Society travelling show when it's in northern KY! But today was the last day so I didn't get to see it :( I'll put it on the calendar for next year since he does this every year during the summer.

5 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Wow Rhonda,

This is intricate without being fussy and I still love the glow you left in the tips of those buds! The colors are so vibrant, yet have good shading, too. I really like this one.

Susan

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Susan. In class everyone said the painting was better - and less busy - than the photo. I always take that as a compliment :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to come in late on this one, but I couldn't let this one go by without commenting. I will certainly second what Susan said! This piece is really beautiful and amazing! Thanks for posting it on your blog for all of us to see!

Love and Awakening,
lama

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Lama! It surprised me to see you posting here :)

Ann Buckner said...

Beautiful finish Rhonda!